Moving is one of the most challenging and overwhelming events you could experience. Even if you are moving within the same city, there is still a lot of stuff to pack up and manage before your big day. Moving your furniture, appliances, and belongings to your new place or storage is an arduous task of the relocation process. However, employing the right moving equipment and supplies will make a move more accessible and efficient. According to the expert moving company in Virginia, here are the vital moving equipment and supplies you need for your moving day.
Moving blankets are versatile tools for any of your moving needs. They can protect furniture, other belongings, floors, walls, and other surfaces during the move. Moving blankets are usually used to cover and protect your furniture from scratches and dust during and after relocation. In addition, they're great for wrapping up fragile items like lamps and mirrors, so they are intact when you move them.
Packing fragile items is one of the most challenging parts of the moving process, hiring expert packers in Virginia will help you save money.
- What are ratchet straps?
Ratchet straps are one of the essential moving equipment that you should have. Ratchet straps serve as fasteners that hold down cargo or large objects to prevent them from moving during the move.
- How do I use ratchet straps?
You can use a ratchet strap by wrapping it around an object (or items) and securing it tightly with the hook end of the belt. Once secured, pull on the handle to tighten your grip on your load. Repeat this process until you have a secure hold on all sides of your load.
Every move needs to have a moving dolly to easily and safely move heavy items such as furniture, appliances and other things.
When getting moving dollies, make sure to get the right size that will perfectly fit your boxes or items that need to move.
Storage bins serve multiple purposes, it could be an organizer or a temporary storage for your items while moving especially if you have a limited space. Stackable plastic storage bins can help you save space and secure your items for future move.
- Using the right and durable moving boxes is essential for a stress-free move.
- Moving boxes help secure your delicate items such as books, kitchenware and fragile items.
- The best place to get moving boxes is at your local hardware store. Check your local store to see if they have a wide selection of sizes and materials. You should be able to find boxes made out of cardboard, as well as plastic or metal. If you want something sturdier, shop moving boxes from trusted websites.
- Label all your boxes with markers or stickers so you know what's inside each box. These labels should include both an identifying number as well as any relevant information about its contents (e.g., "Kitchenware," "Furniture," etc.). You'll need this information when unpacking later to arrange them in their proper places.
How many boxes do you need for your move?
The number of boxes you need for your move depends on many factors, but the most important is the size and amount of belongings you need to pack. For example, if you have a lot of big furniture pieces or are moving across the country, you'll likely need more boxes than someone who's only moving down the street. Below is the estimated moving boxes you need according to household size:
Packing paper and bubble wrap
Packing paper and bubble wrap are two different moving supplies, but they both serve the same purpose: to protect your belongings during the move.
Packing paper is used to wrap smaller or more fragile items (e.g., glass) to prevent them from breaking during transport.
Bubble wrap is a transparent plastic material commonly used for packing and cushioning fragile items. It is often used to fill empty spaces in boxes and for additional security when wrapping more oversized items such as mirrors or paintings. Packaging paper and bubble wrap are lovely ways to ensure your valuables arrive safely at their new home!
Tape and tape gun
Tape and tape guns are two of the essential moving supplies. Tape is used to secure boxes, seal boxes and labels, and protect walls, floors and furniture from scratches and dings during the move. In addition, tape guns make it easier to apply tape as you can press down on the handle rather than using your hand strength alone.
Markers are essential when packing your items; they will help you organize your belongings to make the unpacking more accessible and faster.
They're also helpful when you need to label your boxes as fragile or as containing something with a specific weight—like liquids. This helps the movers know what kind of care they should take when handling those items and prevents damage that might occur if they weren't handled correctly during the moving process.
Protective moving equipment and supplies help make the process of relocation stress-free.
- Protective moving equipment and supplies help make the process of moving more manageable.
- Moving equipment and supplies include:
- Moving blankets to wrap up your furniture to protect it from scratches, dents, and dust while in transit
- Furniture pads to protect wood floors during moving day
Many moving supplies and tools can make the moving process go smoothly. So before you start packing up your stuff, make sure that you have all of these things on hand so that when it's time to move, everything will still be in good condition.